There is one thing about life that never changes,
And that is that things are constantly changing.
Change is everywhere in our natural world. Each second of each minute of each hour of each day, nothing stays the same. Over the centuries, the ocean waves have never remained still. They repeat their rhythm with crashing roars on the coastline, evaporating to create rain clouds, providing varying degrees of tides, and sometimes a very dangerous temper. Even the stillest lake, has life moving within its serene waters.
We may think we can sit perfectly still, but the world inside our bodies also remains in motion. Cells are dividing, multiplying, dying; always changing. Our minds continue to take on knowledge, concepts, and new details. We must remain flexible with love and grace in order to grow and mature. There is an old saying that goes something like this, “If you are not moving forward in life, you are slipping backwards.”
When I was first informed of my nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award, I couldn’t help but admire the shiny, golden trophy symbol. It looked so sleek and glossy I could almost feel the smooth coolness of the metal. But that glitter fades in comparison to the importance of life’s versatility.
The blogosphere is also alive with versatility. How boring would it be if everyone wrote about the same thing, with the same passion, and perspective? We would all quickly lose interest in blogging. I am humbled and honored to be included in the nomination for this award. Thank you Sheila Marie Grimes for considering me. You share the joys and frustrations of caring for your mother with Alzheimer through lighthearted and sometimes painfully raw poetry.
It is now my turn to nominate noteworthy blogs for this award. It was a tough choice. I looked through many blogs and came up with these 15 out of the many that pulled at my heart strings. The nominations encourage us to check out amazing blogs we may never have run across before.
Rules for the nominees.
- You are to thank the person who nominated you and link that thanks back to their blog.
- Select your own 15 blogs that have touched you, and you wish to nominate. That’s the toughtest part, choosing a small few from the large amount of wonderful blogs you will run into.
- Notify these bloggers of your nomination.
- Copy and paste the award on your own blog if you want it on your web page.
- Share 7 random tidbits with us about yourself.
These are my selections.
Note to the nominees. It would be wonderful if you could pass this award on to your own nominees, but please don’t feel put out if your schedule doesn’t afford you the time to pass on this award. I hope and pray this nomination is a blessing to you all.
Seven bits of random info about me:
- I just bought a hoop greenhouse on-line. I love it
- I believe there is something beautiful about the fresh morning light and sounds of each new day.
- I carted off two SUV loads of stuff to my friend’s house for a yard sale today. Boy, is that ever a lot of work!
- I am amazed by how much unnecessary stuff I tend to collect over the years.
- There is something about growing a garden that I find so gratifying. I feel closer to my Creator.
- I love to mow the lawn and smell the fresh-cut grass.
- I miss my children when they were younger and lived at home.
Thank you again Sheila. May God richly bless your efforts with your mom.
By ~ Elizabeth Yalian ©2013